About Us & Plastic Welding
Plastic welding (wikipedia) is an overlooked solution for damaged plastic items and it shouldn't be. It provides an economic alternative to replacement, disposal and re-fitting which saves time and reduces plastic waste.
Plastic welding works to fuse plastic back together using heat to create a strong and durable weld. It works very similar to metal welding. When performing a plastic weld it is important to prepare the surface of the damaged item properly beforehand and to use the correct welding filament.
At ACT Plastic Repairs we demand precision in the pre-welding surface preperation of damage items to deliver the most effective weld. We source high quality plastic welding filaments and tools from leading plastic welding suppliers such as Forsthoff and Techspan enabling us to work with all major plastic types including PP, HDPE, MDPE, LDPE, PVC, PC, PA, ABS, PET, PS and PMMA.
Who Are We
We are a Canberra based business which offers a mobile on-site plastic repair service thoughout Canberra and the surrounding NSW region. Our goal is to provide you with down to earth information and service and an alternative to replacing expensive or difficult to replace plastic items and ultimately find the best win-win scenario.
- Free quote and information
- Mobile on-site repairs - We come to you
- Occasionally in house repairs
(reserved for bulk or difficult items)
- Pick up and drop off
- Plastic welding
- Plastic alterations
- Warranty repairs
Why Choose Repairs:
- Plastic repair saves time & money on the cost of replacement, disposal and re-fitting.
- Our expertise comes to you for on-site plastic repairs.
- Repairing multiple items together can be very economic for businesses and institutions.
- End result is equally as strong and as durable as new.
- Plastic welds can be tidied up ready for painting.
- Some items can be hard (or annoying) to source and replace.
- Plastic welding is viable and often overlooked
- Diverse applications across all industries.
- More than 90% of plastics can be welded successfully.
- Enviromentally Friendly Solution.
Applications and Examples
By no means is this an exhaustive list of applications. This list should give you a general idea of what is possible. If your item(s) isn't listed please get in contact with us via phone or submit the online quote form below.
- Water Tank Repairs - Very Economic Solution
- Slim-Line Water Tanks
- Boom Spray Tank Repairs and Foam Maker Tank Repairs
- Agricultural Equipment - Tractor Bonnets and Bumpers
- Tractors and other Heavy Machinery body parts
- Plastic Fuel Tank Repairs
- Machinery Parts
- Damaged Non-Pressurised PVC Pipes
- Horticultural Equipment
- Perspex & Polycarbonate Greenhouses
- Vehicle Bumpers
- Truck Parts and Accessories
- Poly Tub Ute Trays
- Interior Plastics
- Headlight Covers, Spoilers and Body Kits
- Truck Tarpaulins
- 4x4 Accessories
- Caravans and Accessories
- Water Storage Tank Repairs
- Grey Water Tank Repairs
- Waste Water Tanks
- Pool Skimmer Boxes
- Pool Accesories
- Greenhouse Parts
- Gardening Products
- Backpack Sprayers
- Whitegoods / Fridge Parts
- Wheelie Bins
- Keep Sakes and Hard to Find Items
Online Quote Form
Get in touch with us for a quick online quote and let us know about your damaged item(s). We will reply promptly with a down to earth quote and any worthwhile information to help conduct the repairs effectively.